- The Internet is flooded with hundreds of video downloading programs.
- We put to the test all top free video downloaders available on the Internet.
- 4K Video Downloader and ClipGrab turned out to be the best video downloaders from any site.
5 Best Internet Video Downloaders
How We Tested? We evaluated all the top video downloading software for ease of use, functionality, and performance on our test system running Windows 10. We then obtained data from independent sources to come up with these top free video downloading programs.
OS Compatibility – Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Disclaimer: Using third-party apps to download videos is against the terms of service of all popular video hosting sites. Only download videos if you own them, have permission from the copyright holder, or it’s in the public domain.
1. 4K Video Downloader
A simplistic video downloader that allows you to save all your favorite Internet videos to your computer.
- 4K Video Downloader supports all popular video sites.
- It can download entire playlists and channels.
- The downloader comes with the advanced subtitles download option.
- It allows you to download 3D and 360-degree videos.
- You can select the video quality of your choice. 4K and 8K HD video downloads supported.
- It lets batch downloading of videos.
- The multi-thread download technology makes downloads faster on this free video downloader.
- Further, the Smart Mode feature ensures all videos download automatically using your preferred settings.
- It limits downloading playlists of a certain length.
ClipGrab is a free, fast, multi-platform video downloader and converter.
- It supports most of the major video websites.
- It allows downloading multiple videos simultaneously.
- You can make use of it to convert downloaded videos into various formats.
- It comes with a built-in search feature. Easily find a video you want to download right within the ClipGrab software.
- The downloader allows you to select the video quality of choice. Can download videos in HD.
- ClipGrab automatically detects links from your clipboard.
- Besides, it features a clean and well-organized user interface.
- Note that ClipGrab bundles adware with the installer.
JDownloader lets you quickly and easily download videos from a wide variety of websites.
- You get faster video downloads with multi-thread download technology.
- Download videos in 4K, HD, or any video quality of choice.
- You can simultaneously download several videos.
- A LinkGrabber monitors the clipboard to automatically detect and download files.
- The Remote Management feature allows you to monitor downloads while away from your computer.
- Also, it lets you download regular files from various file hosting websites.
- It boasts an intuitive and clean layout.
- The installer has adware bundled with it. Choose “Custom” during installation and skip the adware.
- It consumes more system resources.
4. aTube Catcher
aTube Catcher is one of the best video downloaders for Windows PC that covers all the bases.
- It comes with a huge list of supported video sharing websites to choose from.
- The downloaded videos can be converted to a number of other formats.
- Built-in screen/sound recorders allow capturing live streaming videos that you would not otherwise be able to download.
- It supports downloading multiple videos at once.
- The built-in burning software can create CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs from the downloaded videos.
- This downloader comes with an automatic program updater.
- It includes an adware in the installer. The interface could have been better.
5. Any Video Converter Free
Don’t be fooled by the name of the program. Any Video Converter is a top-notch Internet video downloader.
- Download videos in a few clicks from hundreds of sites.
- You can effortlessly convert any video file to any format.
- It has a fast converting speed and excellent video quality.
- The downloader is packed with a built-in video editor.
- It can burn CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- All features of the program are conveniently available through its main interface.
- The free version limits to download a single video at a time.
- Tries to install unwanted software during setup. Choose custom installation and uncheck the adware.
Worth Mentioning – Web Apps
SaveFrom.net – is designed for users who don’t want to download any program to grab videos from their favorite video sharing sites. It supports video downloads from tens of different websites.
ClipConverter.cc – is similar to SaveFrom. It’s another online video downloader that can get you videos from a vast range of video hosting websites. Beware of deceptive ads on the site, though.
What is your favorite video downloader? Let us know in the comments.