- A Download Accelerator splits a single file into multiple chunks and then downloads them simultaneously.
- This intelligent parallel downloading technology pushes your existing download speed to its maximum limits.
- Over the years, numerous download accelerators have popped up, but only the EagleGet Download Accelerator rules the chart.
5 Best Free Windows Download Accelerators
How We Tested? We carefully analyzed each of the free download accelerator software for speed, reliability, ease of use, and performance on our test system running Windows 10. We then obtained data from trusted sources to come up with the top download accelerator programs list.
OS Compatibility – Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
1. EagleGet Download Accelerator
EagleGet is a universal download accelerator that facilitates quick downloads of various types of files from the Internet.
- It can seamlessly integrate with most of your Internet browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge.
- Automatically detects when there is a downloadable file available on a webpage.
- EagleGet can resume interrupted downloads with a single click.
- It is the first free download accelerator to support the automatic refresh of expired download links.
- The Video Sniffer auto detects media files to grab your favorite MP3, MP4, SWF, MPG, FLV, WAV, and MKV files from popular media sites.
- It supports multiple download queues with a smart scheduler. Batch downloads available with clipboard capture.
- It includes a built-in media converter. The auto-categorize feature enables downloading different file types to respective folders.
- The Silent Mode feature can temporarily turn off notifications while watching movies or playing games.
- EagleGet can automatically run a virus scan on download completion. It verifies the integrity of downloaded files.
- You have the option to shut down, hibernate, or sleep the computer after completing all the downloads.
- The user interface is customizable. Available in 25+ different languages.
- Tries to install the iNewTab browser extension. Make sure you deselect it during installation if you don’t want it.
2. Internet Download Accelerator
It is an award-winning free download accelerator for Windows that offers superior overall performance and a convenient user interface.
- Internet Download Accelerator supports all popular browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Yandex, Vivaldi, and Microsoft Edge.
- The program monitors the system clipboard and automatically detects downloadable links with ease.
- It can download streaming audio/video from popular video sharing websites. You can preview files while they are being downloaded using the built-in player.
- Resumes broken downloads from where they left off from both HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP servers.
- It provides a floating window that indicates download speed, active downloads and has a cart for dragging links.
- Improved pop-ups will show you detailed information on download completion and download errors.
- No matter what your Internet connection type is, Internet Download Accelerator will effectively use the full bandwidth of your connection and download files extremely fast.
- In addition to all this, it comes bundled with an FTP Explorer, a site manager for password and download folders, a download scheduler, and download throttle.
- Its constant nagging to upgrade to the paid version can be irritating.
JDownloader is one of the few download accelerators out there that is available as an open-source project.
- It breaks a file into several parts and then simultaneously downloads them all from different servers to gain a tremendous speed boost.
- JDownloader works with most browsers. Any link you copy is auto analyzed and added to the program for downloading.
- It is especially useful for downloading files from hosting sites, which are a pain. Automatically solves CAPTCHAs if present.
- Also, with JDownloader, it’s not necessary to have premium accounts on file hosting sites. The program is useful for both free and premium users.
- You will probably like its ability to download streaming media from most known websites.
- It can prioritize downloads according to your needs. Can resume broken downloads.
- JDownloader offers great customization, thanks to its ability to work with add-ons and plugins.
- It has in-built optimal settings to work with different Internet connection types (like dial-up, ISDN, ADSL, LAN) at different speeds.
- The tool is developed by an active community of developers that works mutually to make the software better and usable for everyone.
- It needs Java to run on any computer. If not present, the program offers to download and install it.
- Can bundle adware. Feel free to skip it during installation.
4. Download Accelerator Manager
Download Accelerator Manager or DAM is a nifty tool to optimize your download speeds and manage files.
- Compatible with commonly known browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE, and Safari.
- It’s fairly simple to add or schedule downloads, which starts by pasting or entering the URL of a file to be downloaded.
- Unlike the competitors, DAM dynamically segments downloads throughout the download process, reusing connections without extra connect steps.
- In addition, it eliminates the file-part-assembly stage to achieve speeds that exceed competitors.
- DAM’s ability to rip and download embedded videos and music from popular streaming sites is commendable.
- It can recover downloads due to unexpected events or errors, such as lost connections, power outages, or network problems.
- The configuration options are extensive and should be able to meet pretty much every need that arises.
- The UI is easy to follow, and even beginners can get around this application. It uses low amounts of CPU and memory.
- DAM is a little old-fashioned to look at. Some existing functions need refinement.
5. Download Accelerator Plus
With millions of users worldwide, Download Accelerator Plus is one of the market leaders in download acceleration and management. It makes use of parallel mirror sites to boost downloads.
- A web browser is built-in, but it also integrates with all your regular browsers.
- Has the ability to grab audio and video from several popular hosting sites. Allows previews as they download.
- It comes packed with a powerful built-in media converter. You get the fastest conversion speed.
- You can easily schedule and organize downloads. Resuming broken or interrupted downloads is not a problem.
- The DAP Link Checker makes sure the links are valid before you download it. So, no more wasting time on broken download links.
- It takes care of your privacy and security with innovative download security technology. It lets you receive notice of threats from the popular antivirus programs.
- You can also install multiple add-ons to customize this free download accelerator to suit your specific needs and usage patterns.
- It sports a clean and modern interface. Easily usable by both beginners and experts.
- Most of the features are available in the form of add-ons. It shows advertisements.
Press The Pedal…
For those of you squeezing modern media through old-fashioned wires, Download Accelerators are very handy to have around.
Note: Using third-party apps to download certain files may be against some hosting websites’ terms of service. It might be a potential copyright infringement. Only download files if you own them, have permission from the copyright holder, or it’s in the public domain.